Transfigurational Attitudes applied to the animalistic terrorist group Isis
- Forgiveness: I and the God I believe in will cease to feel angry towards the members and supporters of Isis. And I will give up the desire to punish them and others like them on the part of my God and myself. I will no interact with members of Isis and other terrorist organizations from an “eye for an eye” perspective. I will interact with them from a “love myself and others as I love myself and loved ones” perspective.
- Compassion: I and the God I believe in will have deep sympathy for the members and supporters of Isis. With a desire to help them and those like them regardless of how violently they treat anyone. Sympathetic understanding for them can best be cultivated through identity interpenetration and eternal life before and after life in this realm or “anyoneness” and eternal before after life. Where all members of Isis will be the voluntary angels that they perpetrate violence against and all victims of Isis will be all the members of Isis and where we choose our lives before entering them and we exist in total love bliss with everyone we’ve touched lives within this realm including the members of Isis.
- Mercy: I and the God I believe in will refrain from harming, damning and punishing anyone who offends us or commits misdeeds against my God, my loved ones or myself including members of Isis and their supporters. We will be kind towards our “enemies”—though we have no real “enemies”—no us and them—only us. We are all members of the same global family.
- Love: I and the God I believe in will have devoted affection and benevolence for each person, all of humanity, for all life forms and species of life on all planets and moons with life on them including the members of Isis and anyone that perpetrates violence anywhere and for any reason. This love is based on unconditional acceptance of one’s self (50) and others (54) [Dr. Albert Ellis] unconditional love, unconditional forgiveness and unconditional positive regard (62) [Carl R. Rogers]. Of every life form on every life producing planet and moon.
- Faith: I will trust and rely on the forgiveness, compassion, mercy and love of my personal God, myself and my fellow humans for the members of Isis their supporter’s and those like them. And in universal transfiguration in the form of eternal life before and after life in this realm [this can also include the other immortality experiences of eternal recurrence/ transfinity where our cosmos, existence form and one’s life has does and will occur an infinite number of times the same way, where each of us is an immortal god being, each of us is a law and force of nature in and of ourselves, and each of us is worth the universe; reincarnation/transmigration where anyone is anyone or each of us is each of us and each of us shares the joys an sufferings of each of us and each of us is everyone at once where our egos are extinguished in the experience of total oneness; meditation/transcendence where one is a breath forever now, the mantra Om forever now, and neither this nor that forever now, and omniscience where everyone will experience everything there is to experience from their own unique perspective]. And that no ultimate existential harm or eternal damnation of anyone will occur including the terrorist group Isis or anyone/ nation that perpetrates violence anywhere in the world.
- Golden Rule: I will treat the member of Isis as I would prefer that they treat me [not as they treat me] unto personal nonviolent sacrifice in order to teach and manifest personal nonviolence now on our planet and educate them in the ways of nonviolence.
- It is better to transform for a nonviolent cause than a violent one.
- It is better to transform at the hands of another than to cause another to transform. This is based on the forms of immortality or the religious experiences mentioned earlier.
- It is better to endure suffering than to cause it.
- I will love all others as I would love my loved ones and myself including members of Isis and others like them.
- Ellis, Dr. Albert. How to Make Yourself Remarkably Less Disturbable . Atascadero, California: Impact Publishers, Inc. 1984.
- Rogers, Carl R. On Becoming a Person. Houghton Mifflin Company. 1961.